Thursday, June 1, 2023

 Gosh okay, here I am! These last couple of months really got away from me and every time I sat down to type up a post, the timing was just never right or there was too much going on. But I'm finally feeling up to writing a bit and hopefully I can get back on track. 

The last few months have really not been kind... I was hopeful this year would allow me to start rebuilding emotionally a little bit after last year but that just wasn't in the cards yet it seems. ;; Pancake's surgery was really scary and stressful and took so long for him to recover from, then when things were starting to turn a corner there was suddenly a very unexpected series of losses in the family.. Between that and my health everything became just too much. It is so hard to cope when so much happens in a short time, everything becomes such a terrible upside-down experience.  It was such a difficult time, especially when I am still not recovered from not only last year, but even the grief from the previous few years. There has just been so much loss and that has been so hard to process. All I could really do was try to pick up the pieces of my heart and try to focus on spending time with my loved ones who have been so wonderful and offer so much kindness, positivity, patience, and support through this with me~ I truly would not have managed without them.

(I'm sorry to write about this, but these topics have been such a big part of my life for a while now, so I wanted to reflect a little bit on that. )

After everything, I have been trying to rest my mind and heart while focusing on people and activities that help. Going all the way back to easter time (my favorite holiday, which I celebrate purely for the bunny themes and pastel colors): Not only did I make some easter eggs this year but I also hosted a super cute easter party with some beloved friends~  We had a nice lunch and some fancy french desserts. I wore one of my favorite dresses, Angelic Pretty's Unbirthday JSK in Ivory, and had just the nicest of days. I'm really grateful I could do something fun this year, I was so sad I had to miss celebrating last year because of my surgery! In April, it was also the 15 year anniversary with my partner (it feels like that happened so fast but also like we've been together forever!) which was very momentous!  We had a very nice celebration with some special plans and got to do nearly everything we wanted, which was so wonderful~!

Otherwise, I have mostly been reading a lot of wonderful things and working on personal projects when having the energy~ some that involve art/writing and some that are embroidery or crafting-based! (Which I am longing to share once finished when I'm happy with them, I am really self-conscious about sharing things I make ahh. ) I've also started up of my older some hobbies and games again that I used to love a lot, many with friends who were surprisingly interested in joining me! Which has been so much fun~!  We even started a comic/manga bookclub which has been such great motivation to read a lot of things I have been meaning to! My next creative goal is to learn how to crochet and I still have a future goal of making some cute vlogs when I'm able. While I never really left, I've also been having some fun re-working my old tumblr account (and changing the look!) I have to say, despite everything it is still my favorite SM place to go back to. There are just so many wonderful pictures and references that are so nostalgic now!

In terms of fashion related news, I've only had a few little gatherings with friends where I wore pretty casual coordinates that weren't really noteworthy enough for photos, but I loved wearing them all the same. Since the sudden changes I've had health-wise, I needed to alter how I approach wearing my wardrobe which has been a new learning curve, but I found a lot of things that work well. In spring, I did a mini closet reorganizing where instead of having all of my wardrobe dresses in one specific order (by color), I put everything into it into three categories based on clothing type (and organized by color): pieces that look best with a decent amount of styling that are busier cuts/prints; pieces that are still a bit flashy but can be worn more simplistically; and pieces that can be worn super casual with minimal styling that I can literally throw on when not feeling the best but still want to wear my wardrobe. This way of organizing my wardrobe has been working out so well! I am considering making a post dedicated to this and some things I've learned in case anyone else finds them helpful~ 

That is all for now, I am not sure when I will update next, but until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment